You are here: Home / Destinations / Sweden / All Documents - Stockholm / Stockholm - Pets paperwork

Stockholm - Pets paperwork

Permission to import pets must be granted by the Department of Agriculture. A veterinary examination is required and an import permit issued by the National Board of Agriculture.A blood test must be taken from animals who come from rabies-free countries (at present: Finland, Norway, Australia, Republic of Ireland, Iceland, Malta, New Zealand and the UK) at the port of entry. Whilst waiting for the result animals may be kept by the owner, but they must be in isolation. Animals entering from other countries must be kept in public quarantine for four months and import must not take place before assurance is given that a quarantine place is available (the demand for quarantine places greatly exceeds the supply, so waiting times can be long).

Filed under: ,