You are here: Home / Destinations / Sweden / All Documents - Stockholm / Stockholm - Car insurance

Stockholm - Car insurance

The cost of car insurance varies a great deal according to where you live, how long you have been driving, the age of the car etc. Your car insurance is valid only if you have obtained the Road Authority Certificate. You will be required to have your car tested by the Road Authority yearly.

It is compulsory to have 'third party fire and theft' car insurance. But of course you can have any type of higher coverage according to your needs.

Applying for a car Insurance you must produce:
* the Swedish registration number plate
* your Swedish Identity Card
* your driving records from the former car insurance company.

If you are a non-resident expat and you are bringing your car into Sweden you can use your original number plate for one year. In that case you should keep your old insurance running but make sure you ask you insurance company if they are prepared to cover you while you are abroad.

There are many insurance companies in Sweden so just shop around for the best deal.

  • Trygg-Hansa    
    Flemminggatan 18
    106 26
    Tel: + 46 (0)8 693 10 00
  • Folksam    
    106 60
    Tel: + 46 (0)8 020 65 52 53 / + 46 (0)8 772 84 30
  • "IF" 
    106 80
    Tel: + 46 (0)8 020 655 655

Filed under: ,