Singapore - Official Animal Department
- Centre for Animal Welfare and Control (CAWC)
Agri-food and Veterinary Authority
75 Pasir Panjang Road
Tel: + 65 6471 9987
Fax: + 65 6472 6157
Toll Free Hotline 1800 476 1600 (for information on stray animals)
Email: [email protected]
This organization administers dog licences and impounds stray dogs and cats. They also reunite lost pets with their owners and handle feedback relating to animal welfare matters or cruelty to animals.
Singapore has the following laws and regulations relating to dogs as pets:
- All dogs over three months old must be licensed.
- The license tag is to be attached to the dog's collar.
- The dog license must be renewed on a yearly basis at post offices or the Centre for Animal Welfare Control (CAWC). Please inform the CAWC if there is a change in ownership or address or if the animal is lost or dies.
- All dogs must be properly leashed and controlled in a public place.
- If dogs cause a nuisance, the license may be revoked or renewal disallowed.
Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA)
This website has links to many more pet and animal organizations.