You are here: Home / Destinations / Norway / All Documents - Oslo / Oslo - Relatives or nanny aupair visa paperwork

Oslo - Relatives or nanny aupair visa paperwork

If you wish to take a nanny or au pair with you from another country, they have to apply for their own visa, on equal terms as other immigrants. Should you bring an au pair from a EU country, he or she can stay in the country for three months and after that a residence and work permit is required. For an au pair from a non-EU country the visa, residence and work permit have to be applied for from his/her own country, and the paperwork has to be completed before entering Norway (see Foreign resident requirements, Visa requirements and Work permit).

For more information about nannies and au pairs entering Norway, as well as family reunification,contact:

  • The Norwegian Directorate of Immigration (UDI)
    Hausmannsg. 21
    Tel: + 47 (23) 35 1500
    fax: + 47 (23) 35 1501
Filed under: ,