You are here: Home / Destinations / Mexico / All documents - Mexico City / Mexico City - Death Overseas

Mexico City - Death Overseas

In the very sad event that one of your loved ones should die while being abroad, you will need to get a death certificate (asentamiento de acta de defuncion).  In order to obtain it from the "Registro civil" you need the following documents:

1.- Marriage certificate or Birth certificate of the deceased
2.- Medical certificate of death
3.- Testimonies above 18 years of age 

You should contact a funeral service, which will take care of all the paperwork and help you with other necessary arrangements as well. Contact your embassy to get you the names of funeral services being used in those cases and also to help you with further arrangements for transportation back home. 

Filed under: , ,