You are here: Home / Destinations / Mexico / All documents - Mexico / Mexico - Marriage Abroad

Mexico - Marriage Abroad

Each state in Mexico determines its own marriage procedures. You have to contact the Registro Civil in your jurisdiction to get complete information about the requirements.

Some documents needed for sure are

  • Valid passport
  • Birth certificate with apostille (this is a certification which makes it valid for the use abroad).

Be aware that it may take some time to get your birth certificate with an apostille. You have to obtain your birth certificate, have it officially accredited by the department, than send it to the Mexican consulate nearest the place of your birth and they will apostille it.

Do you have comments, corrections or wish to share useful information? Go to 'Add Comment'. We like hearing from you!

Filed under: , ,