Hong Kong - Libraries
- City Hall Public Library
2-5/F and 8-11/F
City Hall High Block (a block from the Star Ferry)
Tel:+ 852 2921 2555
The Urban Council has many public libraries.
For a complete list, go to www.lcsd.gov.hk select "English" , and look for "Libraries". Or call the City Hall Public Library and ask about a library in your area.
To get a library card if you are 18 or older:
- You must submit an application form at any of the Hong Kong Public Libraries in person. You can pick up the form (no.LCS4) at the library.
- Show your Hong Kong ID card
- Show a proof of address, such as a bill or bank statement with your name and address.
For people under the age of 18:
- Fill in the application form (no. LCS4) and submit it to a Hong Kong Public Library.
- The Guarantee section of LCS4 must be filled in by either the applicants parents or legal guardian.
- The applicant must show their Hong Kong ID card or a photocopy of their birth certificate (with a certified translation if the document is not in English or Chinese). They must also show the original or photocopy of the guarantor’s Hong Kong ID card
- Proof of address
To register, a borrower will have to show a Hong Kong ID card, a proof of address, and pay a fee.
- British Council Library
Admiralty Supreme Court Road
Tel:+ 852 2913 5125
email: [email protected]
- Japanese Information and Culture Office Library
Tel: + 852 2522 1184
Books must be read in the library and can not be removed
- Italian Cultural Society
Tel:+ 852 2573 0343
- Helena May Institute
Tel: + 852 2522 6766
For women only
- Goethe Institute
Tel: + 852 2802 0088
Books in German, also offers classes in German
- Alliance Francaise
Wanchai #123 Hennesy Road, first floor
Tel: + 852 2527 7825