You are here: Home / Destinations / Hong Kong (China SAR) / All documents - Hong Kong / Hong Kong - Insurance Companies

Hong Kong - Insurance Companies


Let me make it clear that I personally do not use any of the companies below am not making a personal recommendation  for any of them.  They are companies I have found, you will have to be the judge of the quality of their products and prices.  (author's note)

Ask at your bank if they carry insurance.  I know HSBC does have insurance available for some items.

Another option is to go to an insurance company, such as:

Expat Services Ltd
Tel  2893-3344
Suite 602 Wilson House, 19-27 Wyndham Street, Central, Hong Kong
e-mail:  [email protected]
They offer insurance for just about everything.

Health insurance can be obtained from
Medibroker, a company dedicated to ex-pat health insurance.    will give prices for insurance for homes, cars, health, etc. that can be bought on-line.

Car insurance:

Allianz Cornhill Insurance (Far East) Ltd
Tel:  2521-6651
9/F International Finance Centre, 1 Harbour Road, Central

HSBC Insurance Co Ltd 
40/F Sun Hung Kai Center, 30 Harbour Road, Wanchai
Tel:  2827-3322
Insure other things besides autos

Medical insurance:

Blue Cross ( Asia Pacific) Insurance Ltd
1/F East Asia Aetna Tower, 308 Des Voeux Road, Central
Tel:  2850-2333

BUPA (Asia) Ltd
Unit 402, 4/F DCH Coml Bldg, 25 Westland Road, Quarry Bay
Tel:  2517-5175
This is my medical insurance company and the scheme that I have is very good

Cigna Worldwide Insurance Co   (also do life insurance)
4/F Cityplaza 3, 14 Taikoo Wan Rd, Tai Koo Shing
Tel:  2539-9222

Life insurance:

Manulife (Intl) Ltd
28/F Manulife Tower, 169 Electric Road, North Point
Tel:  2510-5600

Canadian Easter Life Assurance Ltd
5/F  CEF  Lendeast Plaza, 66 King’s Road, Wanchai
Tel:  2832-3333

Tai Ping Life Insurance Co Ltd
9/F  China Insurance Group Bldg, 141 Des Voeux Road, Central
Tel:  2851-2000

Travel insurance
Can usually be purchased from your travel agent when booking a ticket.

Shipment insurance
Shipment insurance is available from most moving companies.  Be sure to tick that you want the moving insurance when listing the value of your goods.

House insurance
Most residents don’t live in a house or flat that they actually own, so this isn’t usually needed.  If you do own your flat or house, check with your bank or one of the companies listed above for home insurance.  Be sure you insure the contents of your house hold goods!

Filed under: ,