You are here: Home / Destinations / Hong Kong (China SAR) / All documents - Hong Kong / Hong Kong - Car Accident Procedure

Hong Kong - Car Accident Procedure

If you have a minor car accident and no one is injured, exchange ID card numbers and insurance information with the other party.  Be sure that you see the ID card to make sure the number they give you is the correct one.  Take down the license plate of the car as well.

If the accident isn’t minor, or someone is injured, DO NOT MOVE YOUR VEHICLES and wait for the police to arrive (call 999 for emergencies). It is standard for the police to give everyone involved a breathalizer test to check for alcohol.

You will be required to go to the police station and give a statement to the police.


Filed under: , ,