You are here: Home / Destinations / France / All Documents - France / France - Tax Report

France - Tax Report

In France, income tax is not deducted from your salary, every resident in France has to fill in a tax return form. There are some advantages to filling in your tax report on line.

If you spend more than 183 days in a year working abroad, even if your fiscal residency is in France, you are fiscally domiciled out of France. You will then have to send a temporary statement of income to your local tax office (in France). This statement concerns your income from the 1st of January until your departure. The year after your departure from France, you must present a final income statement  (form n° 2042NR), to be sent to your last tax office. This office will transfer your file to the non-resident tax office (CINR).

As a foreigner you will have to see if there are tax treaties between France and your home country in order to avoid double taxation.

If your move overseas is permanent you most probably will no longer be paying income tax in France, but if you own a property or you have capital gains from shares you still have to file a French tax return. Information is available from the Ministère de l'Economie, des Finances et de l'Industrie.

  • Centre des impôts des non-résidents (CINR)
    9, rue d'Uzès
    TSA 39203
    Paris Cedex 02
    Tel: + 33 (0)1 4476 1800 /Information: + 33 (0)1 4476 1900
    Fax: + 33 (0)1 4476 1990
    email: [email protected]

Upon presentation of the statement of income to the CINR, you must pay to :

  • Trésorerie de Paris des non-résidents
    9, rue d'Uzès
    Paris Cedex 02
    Tel: + 33 (0)1 5300 1450
    Fax: + 33 (0)1 4028 0316

When coming back to France, you should inform "Trésorerie de Paris des non-résidents" of your new address.

If your last tax report was sent to the CINR, you must send your income statement to this office, which will transfer it to your new local tax office. You must declare your French and foreign income together.

If you didn't have income in France, you must send your statement to your new local tax office. Call the townhall for the address.For more information

Filed under: ,