You are here: Home / Destinations / Denmark / All documents - Denmark / Denmark - Car Accident Procedures

Denmark - Car Accident Procedures

What to do if you are involved in a car accident

Accident with people injured

Should you be so unfortunate to have an accident with your car, and someone got hurt call 112. Ambulance and Police will arrive at the scene.

Accident with damage to cars only

If you are involved in a car accident with another vehicle or a person, you must exchange name and insurance information with any other driver or person involved and report the accident as soon as possible to your insurance company.
Should you damage a parked car and the driver is not present, is general practice to leave your name and phone number, so the other driver can get hold of you to exchange insurance information.

Should your car break down on the highway you will find emergency phones, in an orange box on the side of the highway, every 2 kilometer.

It is recommended to have a membership with Falck, should you need at any time to have your car towed. 


Falck is an emergency response organisation working for individuals, companies as well as occasionally for the state.

You pay an annual membership fee and secure their towing services.
Falck will transport your car from the emergency scene to a destination of your choice, normally to the mechanic.

1780 København V
Tel:+45 70 10 20 31
Phones are open Monday-Thursday from 8:00 -17:00; Friday from 8:00 - 15:30
Website in Danish only.
For information write to: [email protected]

Should you need any help from Paguro, we are here for you, post your question on Piazza Paguro